“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away”
This is where I’m going to begin collecting the moments in life that I am grateful for, from the little things that cross my path almost unnoticed to the immense things that shape my world. I’m hoping that over the next year or so, I’ll be able to gather 1001 of these moments.
- The way the sunlight spills between the clouds like golden music
- Flame-colored trees at dusk, glowing by the light of a lamppost
- The simple pleasure of fresh-brewed coffee
- A friend who keeps writing letters even when you don’t have time to write back
- The fact that words can be woven together as poetry, and that our ears can distinguish rhyming words and rhythmic syllabes